Quantcast

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 2 of Cleaner and Safer Neighborhood

I hope everyone tried cleaning up your street yesterday. I did. Just walking halfway down my street, I filled a Kroger grocery bag completely full! I did however realize that this will take a lot of work to keep clean. I am ready and willing to put in the effort in hopes that soon others will join me too. I went outside this morning and was greeted by new trash in my yard. Today was trash day for most of my street so that is part of the reason I am sure.

Hopefully others will make more of an effort to keep their trash in their own yard. But for now I feel good that I took the first step. Did any of you take the first step? Comment on this post and let me know how it's going for you in your neighborhood.

Today's tip is more to do with safety than cleaning. I saw a plastic, portable "Children at Play" sign on a friend's street and thought it was a great idea! My street does not have any type of "Slow Down" sign. There are many children here, and cars fly down the street all the time.

I did a little research and found an affordable sign that anyone can purchase and put near the street in your yard. You will have to speak to the appropriate authorities to make sure this does not violate any laws. Safer Kids and Homes offers these portable signs on their website at a great price! This is one affordable way to make your street a little bit safer for your children when they are playing. Clicking the link will take you directly to the sign. While you are there, check out their other great products.

It is very important for kids to get outside and run around, but we want them to be as safe as possible when doing so. If you do not have a fenced yard, this is a great idea to keep them a little bit safer. If you have any ideas to add to my list, please feel free to contact me or comment below! Be sure to check out yesterday's tip if you missed it, and stay tuned for more tips all week long!

Disclaimer: The opinions in this article are mine alone. They are just that, opinions. These should in no way be taken as professional advice. If you would like professional advice, speak to a professional. I was in no way compensated for mentioning the listed store or website. Their own all the rights to their website and products. I am a customer with an opinion and that is it. As such, I assume no responsibility for any injury or damages that may come as a result of following or not following my advice. You agree to this if you are reading my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment