Quantcast

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Hello Everyone

I may soon be going in a definitive direction with my blog! I recently entered to become one of the US Team of 100 Mom bloggers for social good. If you are interested, you can find more information and apply here. I think this is a great cause, and I would love to blog with a purpose! As of now my blog has just been about random things with no real theme, mostly updating on my life and what is going on. This is a great opportunity, so wish me luck! On another note, my professional website is finally up and running. If anyone is looking for a great Virtual Assistant, contact me here! I do more than just administrative work, as you will see by checking out my Services Offered page. The website has blog status right now, but I am working toward paying for custom design and web hosting through WordPress to make it an official website. I am continually updating with more information about my services. I also make blog entries pertaining to different aspects of business, outsourcing, and freelancing. I found a new site that seems to be a great place to offer jobs and find people who want to work. The site is Fiverr.com (pronounced with a long i sound). Please check it out! For now, I will continue posting as usual, but I think even if I don't get accepted into the US Team of 100 I may want to take my blog in that direction regardless. I think it is important to recognize those who do good for people in need. There are over 1000 mom bloggers currently helping spread the word! Here are some of the non-profit company partners: Atlanta Diaper Relief is a non-profit organization that gives diapers to low-income families in Metro Atlanta Georgia. End7 is on a mission to see the end of 7 Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) by 2020. And we want you to be part of it. 1 in 6 people worldwide, including over half a billion children, have these parasitic and bacterial diseases living and breeding in their bodies. These diseases are tied to nearly every major global health issue we face today- water, sanitation, HIV/AIDS, malaria, malnutrition, maternal/child health, to name a few – and impact many socio-economic issues. Healthy Child Healthy World is a national, non-profit 501(c) 3 organization headquartered in Los Angeles, ignites the movement that empowers parents to protect children from harmful chemicals. The National Breast Cancer Foundation’s mission is to save lives by increasing awareness of breast cancer through education and by providing mammograms for those in need. There are many other partners and Mom Bloggers for Social Good blog to help spread the word about the good they are doing, new programs they have available, new fundraising efforts, and charitable campaigns they want everyone to know about.

No comments:

Post a Comment